Monday, May 12, 2008

Danica!


I know I'm a bit late to rant on this, but I couldn't let it pass by. A few days ago Danica hit a member of another racing team's crew during a race. If this isn't proof as to why she shouldn't be a PROFESSIONAL driver I don't know what is. She drives for a living, you would think she could avoid hitting someone. 
I also consider her one and only victory a complete farce. As I've said before, the race wasn't even in America, where the real racing happens. As far as it being an achievement for women, that's a joke as well. Its a race for Pete's sakes, not a freaking civil rights movement on wheels. Women should be able to advance to more aspects of society, but saying this is a milestone for women is ridiculous. 
Even though it was the victim's fault for stepping in front of her vehicle, you have to admit it's pretty funny. But facetiously, Would you feel safe with this menace behind the wheel?

3 comments:

Delwin Lee said...

We should be more concerned with how much gas is being wasted on this pseudo-sport

Bob Griffenburg said...

Actually Delwin, American Indycar Series cars use Clean-burning methanol.

Delwin Lee said...

Wow, i never knew that.
But isnt car crashing what these races are all about?
I mean there is strategy involve, but who wouldnt like to see some damage?